Preschool age children are learning how to handle big feelings, and many other skills about interacting in social situations.
School success is very dependent on these social-emotional skills. Without these skills, it is hard for kids to learn and to be successful in a classroom. This group equips children to play with others, learn in a group and consider their own thoughts and feelings, as well as the thoughts and feelings of others.
Is your preschooler struggling with the any of these?
Always grab toys from other kids
Refuse to share
Jumps in front of kid in line
Can’t go with the flow
Has trouble changing activities
Controls the play
Touching or pushing others
Tantrums or aggression when disappointed or frustrated
Refusal to join group
Annoys other kids to get their attention
This Group Helps Children Aged 3 – 5:
1. Learn about taking turns.
2. How to accept “No”
3. Waiting and sharing with others
4. Following directions and using whole-body listening skills
5. Understanding personal space
6. How to be a good friend, work together with others, and staying with the group
7. Explore new ways to express feelings clearly and share their imagination